VNA of Hanover & Spring Grove
Written Language Access Plan
- The VNA’s main publication is a general brochure listing information on all service lines. An insert is included in the brochure that indicates the availability of language assistance services free of charge in two languages – English and Spanish. This brochure is inserted into all patient admission packets, is available on-site at the VNA and at referral source sites including hospitals, physician offices and skilled nursing facilities and is widely distributed at health and wellness fairs.
- A sheet entitled “Language Assistance Services & Non-Discrimination Statement” is posted on-site, may be accessed on the VNA website and is included in patient admission packets for all services lines. This sheet contains the following “tagline” and non-discrimination statement written in 15 languages (English, Spanish, Chinese, Pennsylvania Dutch, German, Italian, French, Vietnamese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, Polish, Hindi, Tagalog, French Creole):
- “ATTENTION: If you speak [insert language], language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 717-637-1227; 800-422-3197 (TTY: 800-654-5988).”
- “VNA of Hanover & Spring Grove complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.”
- VNA staff members will use the “Interpreting Services Available” information sheet mentioned above to determine an individual’s language. They will instruct the individual to point to their language as noted on the sheet.
- The VNA utilizes the services of the following companies for access to qualified interpreters/translators:
- AT&T Language Line Services
- Optimal Phone Interpreters
(staff members have access to keychain cards containing information for this service)
- For questions and/or additional information, an individual is instructed to contact the VNA’s Chief Clinical Officer at 717-637-1227 or 800-422-3197.