The VNA of Hanover & Spring Grove extends their deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved one. We would like to be able to help you walk through your grief, at your own pace. We will be glad to help you in any way that we can. Please feel free to contact us by calling 717-637-1227 or 1-800-422-3197.
Important things to remember about grief:
- Grief is a natural and normal reaction to loss.
- Everyone grieves differently.
- There are no time frames for grief.
Typical Responses to Grief and Loss (may include but is not limited to):
- Lack of Concentration
- Lowered Self Esteem
- Dry Mouth
- Sleep/Appetite Disturbances
- Social Withdrawal
- Destruction of Beliefs/Ideals
More Resources on Grief and Loss:
- Learn about the 5 most common myths about grief
- Ten strategies to help you cope with grief and loss
- How to help children who are grieving
- Help with anticipatory grief
- Do’s and Don’ts – How to help someone who is grieving
- Local support groups
- Suicide awareness and prevention