The Visiting Nurse Association of Hanover & Spring Grove Hospice program provides services at home and in nursing homes for people who are at the end of life. Hospice offers support and care to patients and their caregivers. Our hospice team combines sensitivity and compassion with expert knowledge and skills.
What We Do
Our hospice team works with patients, their families, their physicians, and nursing home staff to:
- Achieve Comfort. Working with the patient’s physician, our hospice nurses evaluate and manage any pain or symptoms. Our nursing team coordinates a plan of care in consult with our hospice medical director and the patient’s primary physician.
- Promote Choice. We honor patients’ wishes and respect family values and cultural beliefs. Our hospice social workers help facilitate decisions on many issues, including those about the goals of care.
- Provide Support. Our staff including pastoral counselor and social workers provide emotional support and counseling for the patient and family members. Specially trained volunteers provide vital companionship and respite care.
How Hospice Can Help
VNA Hospice provides:
- Care for those with all types of terminal illnesses.
- Care for those who reside in nursing homes
- Care for those who live alone
Contact VNA of Hanover & Spring Grove Hospice
Step 1: Call us at 717-637-1227 or 1-800-422-3197. We will quickly answer your questions, explain our hospice program. With your approval we will contact your loved one’s physician to confirm the need for hospice care.
Step 2: Get an assessment. A hospice nurse or social worker will make a visit (within 24 hours when possible) to evaluate needs, set up an individualized plan of care, and initiate service.
Step 3: Learn about payment options. We will contact the patient’s insurance company to verify that coverage is available. Medicare, Medicaid, and most managed care and private insurance plans cover hospice care. Charity care is also available.